Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice - Dinner is served

Tonight's dinner is an old standby that we enjoy. Its easy, quick, and best of all...good!
Chicken fried rice. The picture isn't that great. It really doesn't do it justice. I need to brush up on my food photography skills.


Cut chicken cutlets into small pieces. Cook until done. Add the green onions and cook for about a minute. Transfer to a bowl.


Meanwhile, get your rice cooking. It's no secret I use boil in bag rice. You will need two bags for this recipe.

Once you have removed the chicken and green onions, get the eggs cooking. You want to get them to a nearly dry scramble.
Here's my tip for the day: Poke your egg with a fork a couple of times to get it to start to break, then whisk. I also add about a teaspoon of water to the eggs.



Add the chicken and onions back to the egg.

Finally, add your rice and soy sauce. Stir together and serve.

Chicken Fried Rice

2 bags of boil in the bag rice (or 2 cups uncooked rice, cooked)
1 Tablespoon butter
1 package chicken cutlets or 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
2 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce

Heat butter in skillet. Cook chicken until done. Add green onions and cook for about one minute. Place chicken and onions aside.

Add eggs to skillet and cook to a slightly dry scramble.

Add chicken and cooked rice back to skillet and combine.

Add soy sauce, stir together and serve.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Heather said...

This sounds so good, and is most likely much healthier than that Chicken Helper I made last week that was similar to this.

KatBouska said...

I just love that you cook together so often and come up with yummy dishes like this. I haven't cooked in over a WEEK!

Shannon said...

It looks and sounds delicious!

ckrae said...

Ok I coming down there so you can cook for me....

I LOVE THE PLATES !!!

Angie said...

Bring some of the rice and you're more than welcome for gnocchi!