Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Week 2

Chicken Pot Pie

This is an old stand by for us. As I type that though, I realize its been a while since I made it. Credit is to my stepmom.

This is comfort food for me. It's great reheated, making it an easy meal to drop off to a friend who is under the weather, just had a baby, etc.

Preheat oven to 350, grab a skillet and a pie plate.

One package Pillsbury pie crust (you need two crusts)
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can mixed vegetables, drained (I always use veg-all)
1 can cream of potato soup (I use healthy request to reduce sodium)

Place one pie crust in pie plate, lining the pie plate
Cook cubed chicken until done in skillet. Added mixed vegetables (drained) and cream of potato soup. Mix together.
Spoon into pie crust
Place remaining crust on top and seal edges. Cut slits in top crust

Bake 30 - 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.***
Serve with salad for an easy yummy meal. Its great in the winter!

When I am taking to someone for dinner, I cook til the crust is done, but light in color. When the reheat, the crust will brown.

By the way, this is veg-all.

No comments: