Monday, June 30, 2008

The first 25

So, I was told that once you hit 100 posts on a blog, you are suppose to write 100 things about yourself. Well, I thought "But Carrie, at the rate you are going, it will be a while before you get to 100 posts and I am sure the world is just dying to know random, useless things about you." And then I answered myself and said "You're right. Today is the day to be a rebel. Why not post 25 things about yourself. Then, after the next 25 posts, you can post 25 more". I thought about it. A LOT. Really, this would mean breaking a "rule", so lots of thought went into it. Well, as you can see - I threw caution to the wind and here you are. The first 25 of 100 random, useless things you could care less about, about Carrie.


  1. I am 31 yrs old (they can't all be exciting facts)
  2. I don't like scary movies
  3. I sing in the shower
  4. You know those free address labels charities send out? Well, I think its wrong to use them unless you donate to the charity.
  5. My kitchen appliances are either male or female. (the blender is a she, the food processor a he)
  6. Some of the appliances have names.
  7. My mom made the best oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips and I have tried numerous times to make them and they always fail. That really bothers me.
  8. I look just like my mom (its nearly creepy), which I cherish about 99.5% of the time.
  9. I think I would have give Donna Reed and June Cleaver a run for their money back in the day.
  10. I have an older brother, a stepbrother and a stepsister.
  11. I don't like my food to touch on my plate. (I have heard it all before - I know it all goes to the same place, blah blah blah blah blah. I just don't like it all to touch)
  12. I don't eat chicken wings, drumsticks etc., if it is on the bone. I make Jim carve the turkey and pull roast chicken from the bone before its served. I can't even watch.
  13. I think its impossible to be too nice.
  14. I don't like birds. Birds are basically rats with wings. They creep me out. I think they are scary, gross, and carry diseases. Just typing that makes me uncomfortable.
  15. I don't like clowns. Pretty much the same as 14, minus the disease part. Thats a little harsh and I can't really prove it.
  16. I can't dance or sing to save my life, but take me anywhere there is karoake, and look out people.
  17. I cry at TV shows and movies that I have seen several times.
  18. I sometimes TIVO shows, fast forward to see what happens at the end and then go back and watch the rest of the show.
  19. The first thing I remember baking is Christmas cookies with my mom and brother. Peanut Butter Blossoms (I was stuck unwrapping the Hershey Kisses), Nut Cups, and TeaCakes. I remember it vividly. Every detail.
  20. My second is baking heart shaped cookies to take to school for my birthday celebration with my Grandma Laura. (she is the one on the right in the picture)
  21. My Grandma Foxie taught me how to make jam not too long ago. It was one of the most fun days I have had. Now, however, Drew is addicted and we are trying to find a strawberry jam recovery center. (she also makes the best salsa in the world - family rifts have broken out over who gets the first jar) she is the one on the left in the picture.
  22. I have an odd obsession with coffee mugs. I love them and I have to stop myself from buying them all the time.
  23. I am also obsessed with purses and bags. This one is not so strange. Jim gets freebies from meetings and stuff that he goes to for work. He knows better than to refuse a free bag I don't need and will probably never use.
  24. I laugh at my own jokes
  25. I HATE being scared (no scary movies, haunted houses, etc....), but I like to scare other people. Twisted, I know!

No comments: