Friday, July 4, 2008

Recipe Update

Creamy Lemon Blueberry Bars



I would definitely recommend allowing these to chill for a few hours in the frig before serving. Like I said, these were great before the chill, however, allowing the bars to chill allows them to set, making for easier cutting/serving, and they taste even better!


Dutch Baby - Round Two



I made Dutch Baby for breakfast again this morning, and used my leftover blueberries for a yummy blueberry sauce. It was a nice compliment to the powdered sugar and lemon. I found the recipe on allrecipes, and a lot of the reviews stated that the orange juice taste was a little overwhelming unless you allowed the sauce to sit for a few hours. I didn't have a few hours, so I decreased the orange juice from 1 Cup to 3/4 Cup, and increased the water added in the beginning of the recipe from 1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup. The orange juice provided a nice citrus note to the sauce, without being overwhelming. Here is the recipe as I found it. Feel free to modify as I did, or follow as instructed.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Sauce/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

I don't think I've ever had a dutch baby! They sound heavenly.

-steph

Carrie said...

Thanks Steph! They are great. I posted the recipe on an earlier blog entry. From reading your blog, I would imagine you can use Pamelas in place of the flour. They are yummy! My hubby is addicted to them.
Here is the entry. Its from June in case it doesn't work.

http://kitchentreasures.blogspot.com/2008/06/dutch-baby.html