Monday, July 14, 2008

I needed a little inspiration...

And "little momma" delivered.

I didn't get to make it out to Whole Foods for the chocolate for the cookies from the New York Times article, so the dough didn't get made before we headed to Orlando Saturday. I intended to take care it yesterday, but I woke up with a headache (its always nice to open your eyes and be greeted with a migraine) that never went away. I just felt worse as the day went on. No cooking or baking was happening (Lucky Charms for dinner).

Today I felt better, but still not great. I wanted to bake, but just didn't feel like going out to pick up anything. I made my daily blog visit and was so happy to see Emily's post.

Emily's blog is one of my favorites. She blogs everyday and always has something fun, creative, and exciting to do. She really does give me fun ideas and inspires some of my creative bursts! I often wish she were my neighbor (especially May Day). Not to mention I may be able to get some of the ric rac button/hair tie/whatever you want to do with them creations, or amazingly cute spritz cookies, and who can forget (or doesn't want) her homemade aprons.

Yesterday, she made Coconut Pineapple Loaf Cake, and it sounded divine. I was excited, because I had all the items on hand, and got to work.

The cake is baking now. I can't wait to try it. I will give my update tomorrow. I promise.

Coconut Pineapple Loaf Cake
1 1/2 C sweetened coconut
1/2 C butter (room temp)
1 1/2 C flour1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 C sugar
3 eggs
1 C sour cream
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple, drained well.
Preheat oven to 350.
Place coconut on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted. While keeping an eye on your toasting coconut, grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and incorporate well. Add dry mixture, mix well. Add sour cream and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Fold in pineapple with a spatula. Fold in 1 C of the coconut. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining coconut on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (60 minutes). Let cool and remove from pan.

1 comment:

Emily said...

YAY for coconut Pineapple loaf cake! I hope you love it, it was pretty yum, and moist too-- the sour cream added a nice tang to it!

I'm going to link you if you link me! ;)