Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yucky Day - Yummy Dinner

Today was a crappy day. Sorry Grandma - I'll make sure I deposit my quarter in the swear jar next time I see you. It was though. It has actually been one of those weeks.
So, aside from Sarahs cake, I havent baked. I have cooked though. Todays dinner was quite tasty. Thanks to the crockpot lady.

Korean Ribs
  • One package beef short ribs (I used a package that was about two pounds, and contained about 9 short ribs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 5-10 jalepeno peppers, whole (I used 7) - the dish isn't spicy.

Place the ribs in your crockpot. Pour the brown sugar, water, and soy sauce over the ribs. Place whole jalepenos on top. Do not cut the jalapenos.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I cooked mine on high for one hour, and then low for seven.

For those that don't like spicy, don't worry about the peppers. I used seven and this dish was NOT spicy. The peppers just add a smokiness to the dish.

I served this with jasmine rice. It was delish. Jim and I both loved it.

After dinner, I cut out the fabric for my sewing project. My first REAL sewing project. Its a totebag. I went to iron the pieces before I started to sew, and realized the movers broke the ironing board. If you are scratching your head thinking "they moved a year ago", its Ok. Ironing is NOT on my domestic diva resume. I iron by misting my clothes with water and throwing them in the dryer. Jims dress shirts go to the dry cleaners to get washed and pressed. I am not even sure why I have an ironing board. Thats just how I roll. So, yes, its the first time in a year that I have needed to iron.

Not that that issue is fixed, I can relax, watch The Office, and hope tomorrow is a little better.

This weekend - I WILL bake.

No comments: